Being a mum is a tough job. Very, very tough. I’ve been feeling it especially in the past month because Baby Jayne has been really difficult. But no matter what, at least my kids are cheerful, happy and healthily growing up. I cannot imagine how much more difficult it is for mums with kids who have cancer. What kind of life do they live everyday? And the kids - How do they deal with the pain and trauma that comes with the treatment?
A fellow mummy blogger friend, Daphne, has come up with this amazingly wonderful idea with her hubby to do something for kids with cancer. It’s such a great idea that I have to share it with you. Please, get involved too!
Basically, it’s going to be a day of carnival fun for 30 children who are fighting cancer at Hort Park (who’s kindly sponsored the venue), and we can all be involved in some way or another. We can either donate to the Children’s Cancer Foundation, or go for the event on 31 October morning! Your presence will send a signal to these kids that there’re people out there who care for them, and support them! For a great more details on the event, please do visit Daphne’s blog at www.motherinc.org. She’ll be putting up more updates along the way.
By the way, I’ll be at the carnival too with my kids, so if you’re going down as well, I will see you there!!!!! =D