Being a mummy is a lifelong journey of learning and discovery.
This was the first packet of french fries that Joey bought from Mac’Donalds herself.
It is a small thing, but I applaud my daughter for her 1st attempt at independence! =D
We were at an eatery the other day, and Joey wanted to eat Mac’Donalds french fries. So I passed her two one-dollar coins, told her that she has to queue in line and tell the Auntie that she wants ‘one small fries, take away.
Sent her on her mini mission and I can’t help but want to trail behind her and see how she’s doing. If she cannot manage it, I can also intervene and help her out. Yes, you’re right… MUMMY KIASU SYNDROME! It sure takes a lot to trust someone. Haha!
Turned out the mini mission was a super easy feat for her. She marched right up to the counter, told the Auntie she wants one small fries take away, passed her then money and collected her fries. She came back totally unfazed, happy that she’s done what she was told to do!
I don’t know what I was nervous about!?
Seriously, when it’s time for my daughter to take the public bus to school herself, I wonder how I would be able to cope with my nerves. I think I would be trailing her for a week before I dare to let her go alone! Independence is a precious thing, but letting go is not easy! In my eyes, my kids will always be babies and the world is full of evil people and danger! I need to protect them!!! Haha!
When the time comes, I pray I’ll be ready to face it! =D