I can’t believe my dad has turned 60 on Saturday. S-I-X-T-Y. That’s really a huge number considering I am only at that halfway mark myself.
My dad is a wonderful man and always a hero in my heart. When I was a little girl, he was a fierce dad. But he would always bring us to the movies and then Mc’Donalds almost every weekend. During my teenage years, he would drive me to school everyday, and fetched me home after I went out with friends. When I was deciding whether to go to a Junior College and eventually University, or simply finish with a Poly diploma, the main reason why I chose the former was because I wanted to make his feel proud in front of his family & relatives. I would be the first to be a University graduate in his family, majority of whom lived in remote parts of Malaysia. After I started working, my dad became a friend who would listen to me talk about work and relationships. From a stern dad, his temperament totally changed to a mild one. Even though he is not a Christian yet, his attitude towards the religion has changed drastically over the years as well. I would like to think that he would make that decision soon. =)
On my dad’s actual birthday, we brought him to Westlake Restaurant for a feast!
The highlight of the lunch was of course not the food itself, but having his darling grand-daughters there with him!
The moment Grandpa reached, the girls passed him the birthday present they ‘made’ for him, and insisted he opened on the spot.. =.=
Grandpa said he loved the gift! Haha..
I feel immensely proud that I’ve given my dad two adorable grand-daughters. Haha! Now I just wish my brother can get married and have kids soon, so that they can have cousins!!!
The restaurant is usually crowded, but because our reservation time was quite early, it was nice and quiet. We had a great time feasting and just spending time with the birthday star!
Check out the food! Everything was YUMS!!!
Yam basket (My absolute fav!). The yam was very soft, well-marinated and fried crispy and light. The prawns and chicken pieces were fresh and very sweet.
Szechuan hot & spicy soup – Very appetizing with lots of ingredients inside!
‘Saliva’ chicken with ginger and veggies. Very healthy comfort food. Love the generous ginger and shallot portions!
Hotplate sliced beef. Succulent & tasty.
Their specialty dish: Kong Bak Buns! The kong bak were really well-marinated and full of flavours!!
Award-winning Chilli crabs! The sauce was really yummy and delicious. I think one of the best I’ve tasted before.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! =D