Saturday, November 12, 2011

Weekend Snapshot: Figos Grail

Had a gathering at a new place called Figos Frail at Tanjong Katong Road last week. We heard that the restaurant is opened by FM933 DJ Zhou Chongqing, and we were recommended to give the restaurant a try, so we went!

IMG_5006

I like the decor in that place. It’s got a somewhat contemporary Swedish feel.

IMG_5005

IMG_5011

On the walls, you can find photos of Chongqing, as well as some of his travel photos.

IMG_5009

IMG_5014

This is a Western-Thai fusion restaurant, and I must say some of the items on its menu are pretty interesting and unique.

IMG_5010

Some of their specialty dishes include smoked duck pasta, Chongqing spicy fried rice, Taiwan fried chicken cutlet served with cold vermicelli… They also have salads, main courses like fish & chips, chicken chop , burgers and other items like chicken stew, etc.

IMG_5015

My order of Aglio Olio with prawns. Looks and tastes GREAT. I love the strong garlicky taste and that it’s drier than other aglio olios I’ve tried. Best of all, it costs only $12.90. In fact, many of their items cost less than $15. Their specialty fried rice costs $10+, and is fried with prawns and chicken.

IMG_5017

Look at how satisfied my friend was with his food. The smoked duck looked a little too raw for my liking, but according to him, it’s nice.

IMG_5019

I’ve got a bunch of very cute friends eh? =P

anigif

Figos Frail is quite a nice and cosy place for gatherings with friends, and feedback on the food are all pretty favourable. I would like to go back again with another group of friends to try out their other dishes. =)

Figos Frail is located at 308 Tanjong Katong Road, just next to Chelsea Lodge.