Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby Smell, Come Back!!

My Baby Jayne is turning 3 next month, and it’s hard to imagine that my baby is evolving into a toddler. I feel a tinge of sadness whenever I think about that because I know I will really miss that baby smell on her and how she talks in a language I need to decipher.

IMG_9461

We all know we have to treasure the time when our kids are still babies and are reliant on us for everything. There will come a time when they would discover independence and thrive on the sense of power & authority that comes along with it. Then, their friends would mean the world to them. When that happens, we parents must learn to let go appropriately and let them explore the world around them.

Baby Jayne is growing up so fast that sometimes I forget that she’s barely three. Because she hangs around her elder sister and idolises her so much, the way she talks is like that of a six-year-old. I half suspect she learnt most of her conversations from American sitcoms that her sister watches. Joey still watches cartoons and all, but her favourite shows are shows like iCarly, Big Time Rush, etc. So Baby Jayne talks just like Joey, because she loves copying her.

Just the other day, Jayne helped me pick up something from the floor, and I said ‘Thank you!’ to which she replied, ‘No problem!’ I was stunned for a moment because I had never taught her to reply that way before. The usual reply would be ‘You’re welcome!’, so to hear her say that, it must be from one of the TV programmes. =.= I was tickled before coming to a solemn realisation that MY BABY IS NO LONGER A BABY, BOOHOOOO!

IMG_9559

Must they grow up so fast??? I wish I can slow it down, just so that I can enjoy her baby years more! Joey is going to Primary One next year, and she is already behaving like an adult! Her baby moments are long gone. So I can only bank on Baby Jayne now, trying to enjoy whatever little that’s left of her babyhood. I want to continue cuddling her, rocking her and feeding her milk in a bottle!

IMG_9560

Baby smell, come back!!!