Monday, April 16, 2012

Finally, The Party Happened!

Finally, after weeks of anxiety, shaky hands and sleepless nights, the party finally happened. I heaved a BIG SIGH of relief and stared into space for a full minute at the end of it (no exaggeration). The stress came not from the party preparation itself. I was very stressed because of something I could not control - The weather. For weeks, it had been pouring every single day, and I dared not think what would happen to the party if it started pouring at the start time. Nobody would turn up! All the food would be gone to waste! My girl and I would be sorely disappointed! It was so horrendous that every time I thought about it, my head hurt. (Somebody remind me NEVER to plan and do an outdoor party ever again. TYVM)

But by the grace of God (It had to be God), the weather was superbly awesome and wonderful throughout the entire party! There was the glorious sun and a nice dosage of breeze. I am very, very thankful. I had such a good time chatting with all the friends who came, and my girls spent the whole time on the beach with their friends. It was really nice.

IMG_9646

Set up a Sweet Treats bar for the kids. =)

IMG_9649

I personally think that no party is complete without candies! Haha!

IMG_9650

IMG_9652

I’ve always wanted to print out such flag decor for parties, and I finally did this time round. =)

IMG_9655

The hardworking Papa Isaiah, who BBQ-ed all the way from beginning till the end. Cheerios to great dad!

IMG_9654

IMG_9660

The girls rushed to the beach to play with the sand the moment we arrived at East Coast Park. The whole beach was packed with different ones just basking in the sun, having picnics and basically having a good time. It was a nice and relaxed atmosphere. Loved it. =)

IMG_9656

Very thankful to all our friends who made time to join us for the party. Because of the kids who came, my girl had a blast!

IMG_9658

Joey collected so many seashells!

IMG_9667

I brought along bubble playing tools, and that entertained the younger kids for a while. =)

IMG_9679

Jayne was so cute. She just sat by the BBQ pit and played by herself. The wind helped to bring the soap bubbles out!

IMG_9664

IMG_9663

IMG_9670

While the kids were playing, the adults ate, chatted and fellowshipped. I really like such gatherings where I could chat with my friends, some of whom I don’t get to meet all the time. =)

IMG_9678

IMG_9686

We catered BBQ food and heard from the guests that they were not bad! I was so busy entertaining that I didn’t even take a bite of anything! =X My personal favourite is still my mum’s homemade apple pies though. Simply because it’s homemade with lots of love. (Speaking of which, I did not have a chance to savour my mum’s delicious mango pudding & durian pudding too. Yikes!)

IMG_9676

When it was time for cake-cutting, I had a hard time dragging Joey from the beach back to the pit area!

IMG_9695

IMG_9701

IMG_9707

IMG_9711

IMG_9717

Happy birthday, baby! You are SIX! =D As you slowly evolve into a beautiful lady, I pray that you will continue to love Jesus and seek to live a life that will honour and bless God.

IMG_9716

IMG_9712

Thank you to all my friends who came! You guys made it such a fun celebration for Joey! =)

IMG_9714

IMG_9715

IMG_9718

IMG_9690IMG_9719IMG_9721IMG_9722IMG_9724IMG_9727

Baby Joash came too! He is soooooo cute! =)

IMG_9687

And of course, the big smiles of these little ones brightened up the whole party! =)

IMG_9688

Made little pin wheels as gifts for the kids. I hope they work! =P

IMG_9443IMG_9451

Finally, Joey’s birthday triathlon is completed! I hope she had a memorable time turning SIX! =)

* * * * *

I have become a contributor at www.whiteasmilk.com. You can read my first article here. =)