When I brought my kids to Sentosa’s Palawan Beach a few weeks back, we passed by a site under construction that got us really excited. It was cordoned off but we could see a part of the playground that was under construction from the outside, and it looked like such a happening & fun water playground! So, when I got the invitation to bring my kids for the preview opening of the latest attraction on Sentosa – The Port of the Lost Wonder, I was thrilled! It is finally opening!!! =D By the way, this latest attraction is also to commemorate Sentosa’s 40th Anniversary!
Doesn’t this look awesome? The layout map of POLW:
We arrived at Sentosa last Saturday all excited to join in the fun!
Upon registration, you will receive a bag of Curio coins and a Port Pass! For just $8/weekday or $15/weekend, you will receive 50 & 100 curio coins respectively, along with the Port Pass. The curio coins can be used within the attraction for special feature programmes such as the Foam Pool. More on that later. As part of their opening discount, you will get 15% off the entrance fees until the end of the month!
The weather was so hot, we couldn’t wait to jump into the cool water!
Behold, the pirate ship. Definitely the main highlight of the Port of Lost Wonder.
Here we go!
The water playground structure was massive with different slides coming down at different sides. You could tell from the smiles on the kids’ faces that everyone was having a blast. =)
I mean, I can totally understand. The hot weather made the cool waters so welcoming. There was spurts of water coming from left, right & centre. For the first time, I became soaking wet too!
My girls usually need some warm-up time before they dared venture onto the slides or go under the water splashes. Before they felt ready, they would usually sit in the water. =) Fun nevertheless!
You could hear laughter in the air, screeches of delight everywhere. This is a piece of kid heaven.
My personal fav at a water playground is the slides. They are amazingly slippery and you can take off at a mega fast speed, ending up in a pool of water! Lovely!
See that harmless-looking pirate head?
It was a bucket of water waiting to overflow & pour down onto us! Baby Jayne and I got a big shock when we so happened to walk past that area and had this huge gush of water poured onto us! So scary but so much fun!!!! That was the point I became soaking wet from head to toe.
Now this was what I was talking about at the beginning – The kids had their own foam party pool. Cool or not??! Kids can use curio coins to pay for this feature.
Super duper fun! My kids would sometimes spend up to an hour in the bathroom, creating their own bubble foam bath. They absolutely love this!
There’s a mini garden just next to the foam party pool, where kids can buy seedlings and grow their own potted plants. Super fun for kids who love gardening! The next time I bring my kids, I’m going to let them try this. They always help my mum with watering her potted plants and enjoy it. =)
As you can see, Sentosa’s Port of Lost Wonder is super fun. Go get your curio coins today! =D