For those of you who haven't met me and the husband in person before, you probably don't know that there is something very unique about us as a couple.
No, we don't have weird fetish or like to eat cockroaches. Not that sort of unique anyway.
The thing is the husband stands tall at 1.87m and I am barely 1.57m. So there is exactly 30cm of distance between us, height-wise. It's true that I wear platform shoes or heels most of the time, but when we both take off our shoes, it can be quite a comical sight. And that is possibly the reason why some people mistook me as his sister when we were courting some 235486654 years ago.
You would think that such an obvious difference between us might have caused problems during our younger days. But strangely enough, I didn't really notice our height difference until people actually made comments about it.
Mostly when friends ask, I tell them that marriage is all about finding someone of the opposite sex whom you love deeply but who's quite the opposite from you in many ways, so that you complement each other. Plus, you have to agree that things like height, looks, financial status or educational backgrounds are really not the most important in any relationship.
The only real difficulty I've encountered so far is not being able to do a decent slow dance with husband without feeling a little awkward. That is, if I'm not wearing my 5-inch platform shoes. It kind of feels like I'm hanging onto something long, and it takes super a lot of effort not to get spasms from lifting up my head to gaze at him for an extended period of time.
So you see, the height issue has never really bothered us. In fact, it's very useful that the husband is so tall, especially after we had kids. He does all the work when we bring the girls to the playground. There is absolutely no way I could lift the girls high enough to reach those bars, I tell ya.
And nothing else can quite give me the same amount of joy from seeing the happy smiles on my girls' faces when their Superhero Papa plays with them. Pure bliss to watch.
We may not look very compatible in terms of our height, but true love goes beyond all that. And everybody says, "Awwwwwww." TYVM. =)