Friday, June 01, 2012

A Paradise Where Horses Dwell

A scenic post to end the week. =)

Recently during one food-tasting session I was invited to, I discovered a really beautiful place called the Bukit Timah Saddle Club. This place is like a piece of paradise and hiding place from the bustle of city life. The moment I reached, my heart and mind relaxed and I took deep breaths of the fresh air. Everywhere I turned to, there were greeneries that were pleasing to the eye. I like the peacefulness and serenity in this place.

The road to paradise was a long one, and you can't get there on foot, so don't try to take a bus and attempt to walk in. Drive or take a cab in.

Apart from the Saddle Club, there are two restaurants in this place - The Riders' Cafe & Marmalade Pantry @ Stables. From where I was standing, I could see horses feeding on grass in the far distance. Such a tranquil sight.

On the other side up on the slopes, there were people taking photographs. I like how the bare tree stood proudly on the little hill. The whole tree is structured like a piece of art.

I saw the Riding School, and ventured in to check it out. I was alone that day, but I was already planning to bring my kids back another day. They'd love this place! They can take pony rides and watch many horses in the stables. Too awesome.

I walked down the rows of stables and checked out the horses. They are such mild and gentle creatures.

Covering their eyes will prevent the horses from breaking out of the stable and running away.

This one's got such sleepy eyes..

Love the horses' bodies - Smooth hair in such deep beautiful browns.

And he turned to look at me. =P

Strolling in this place alone is such a therapeutic experience. This must be a great place to do some soul-searching and serious thinking. The fresh air will help clear the mind too!

Saw some kids doing pony riding. Next time, my kids are coming with me! =)