Friday, June 08, 2012

Hanging Out At Marina Barrage

If you are one of those parents like me, who's always looking out for FREE activities I can do with my kids, then you've probably already brought your kids to the Marina Barrage before. We've brought the kids there many times before, but we've not gone there for a long time, so last Monday, we brought the girls there just to break the monotony of a laze-at-home Monday. We had such a great time - the kids & us. Best of all, we didn't spend any money apart from the cab fares. I even cooked our dinner and had a picnic-style dinner there. It was way too awesome.

IMG_1223

A pity there were construction works going on at the water area at Level 1, so a huge portion was cordoned off. We could only hang around a small area. But the kids had fun nevertheless, and even made friends with other kids.

IMG_1212

The girls also brought along their mini soccer ball and scooters. There was lots to play around with. =)

IMG_1213IMG_1219

See this funny photo of Baby Jayne waiting to catch the ball in the air! =P

IMG_1220

By the time we reached Marina Barrage, it was close to 5pm, so the weather was nice and cool. In the distance, we could see the sun setting behind the Singapore Flyer and Esplanade. I love the evening skyline. So pretty!

IMG_1221IMG_1224IMG_1225IMG_1228IMG_1229IMG_1235IMG_1236IMG_1238IMG_1240

After water play, we changed the girls and went up to the roof garden to relax and have our dinner. The girls went round and round in their scooters while Papa Isaiah and I took photographs with the beautiful view. Such a relaxing feeling, I tell ya! There were many families around like us as well, and many couples taking wedding pictures!

IMG_1247IMG_1248IMG_1249

IMG_1250

IMG_1254

IMG_1256IMG_1260

The girls found an Uncle trying to get his kite up into the sky, and started following him around. Haha..

IMG_1285IMG_1286

The night started to fall, and we just hung around to enjoy the beautiful lights before going home. What a lovely time we had at Marina Barrage. Hubby & I decided that we should do this more often. =)