Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Most Unfortunate Thing

.... has happened to me.

The only other thing that will always be in my bag wherever I go, apart from my wallet and blackberry, is SPOILT! My beloved G12 that has been with me for barely 1.5 years is no longer functioning the way it should, and I'm super depressed.

It first showed signs of malfunctioning when I was at Marina Barrage. I was happily taking photographs as usual when suddenly every shot I took became extremely over exposed and bad in resolution. Every photo looked like it was an antique shot, with lots of blurred lines running across. Thereafter, different problem would arise on different days. On some days, I would switch on the camera and all I got would be a black screen. Every shot I take is pitch black. The LCD screen is definitely working fine because I could scroll back to old photos saved on the SD card and everything would show up nice and vibrant. On other days, the antique photo syndrome appears. I was very sad.

Google tells me that the sensor or CCD (Charge-coupled devise) in my camera is probably faulty. Sigh, less than two years and the camera starts giving me problems??! I would have to send the camera in for repair, I guess. I don't think I can live without one.

Being the ever-optimistic me, I channelled my desire to take photos into taking Instagram photos instead. This alternative would not come easy, as I would first have to steal my daughter's iphone and convince her that I need to do something really important on her phone. In the short few hours I hoarded her phone, I accumulated the following photos on instagram, and it relieved some of the itch I've been feeling since G12 went bonkers.

Picture1

See the new slideshow at my header area?? That's going to be my Instagram slideshow area from now on! I love how lively it's made my blog! =D

It's unfortunate indeed that my camera has failed me, just days before my Gold Coast Family holiday! But I am thankful that I've got friends who called me to offer to lend me their cameras right after I tweeted about it. I am so blessed with good friends around me. =) I shall keep my spirits up, as I will be going for my winter holidays at Gold Coast in 2 days' time! Woohoooo!