Monday, March 24, 2014

Menchie’s Opens First Southeast Asia Store In VivoCity!

Media Invite

I will be the first to admit that I have a weakness for frozen yogurt. I like it much better than ice-cream because it’s less milky and more icy, and smoother on the throat. When I heard that the WORLD’S LARGEST SELF-SERVE FROZEN YOGURT – MENCHIE’S has entered Singapore, I knew that I had to try it for myself.

Anything self-serve is always fun. Much as I refuse to admit it, I get cheap thrills from self-checkout counters at supermarkets (and I’m sure many of you do too!) It’s almost like playing pretend for adults, and people don’t give you weird looks for doing that. When it comes to self-serve yogurt, it’s like pretend play on a whole new level altogether – Not only do you get to churn out the yogurt yourself, you decide which yogurt flavor you want and how much of it to get. And I haven’t even gone on to talk about the toppings and sauces you can add to your creation…. Oh, what’s not to love about self-serve frozen yogurt?!

Menchie’s was founded in 2007 in California, and has since grown to become the world’s largest self-serve frozen yogurt brand with more than 350 locations worldwide. Menchie’s at VivoCity offers the largest self-serve selection in Singapore with 12 yummy flavors and 44 delicious toppings, rotated on a regular basis. Menchie’s high-quality frozen yogurt is imported directly from the United States, and the thick and creamy yogurt base is made from the fresh mil of “Happy Cows” not treated with artificial growth hormones. If you ask me, it’s certainly a healthier option for my kids! I can hear you getting excited – Yes, you ought to be!!!

My kids and I literally skipped into the Menchie’s store at VivoCity, and what greeted us was a very happy & cheery-looking store. We were so excited to get started! =D

IMG_7043

The concept at Menchie’s is simple: Just take whatever you want, weigh, pay and enjoy! And the beauty of self-serve frozen yogurt is that if you like it, you can take a bit of every flavor of yogurt available that day. That’s awesome in every sense of the word.

IMG_7042
IMG_7041

Every self-serve counter offers two different flavors with the center handle for the swirl if you would to try both together.

IMG_7039

The counters are also low enough for the kids to create their own frozen yogurt creations as well! Joey was extremely thrilled to be able to try so many different flavors all at the same time. (So was I)

IMG_7040

After you have gotten enough yogurt, move on to the next station where you can add your favorite toppings! From all kinds of nuts, granolas and sunflower seeds to chocolate wafers, gummies and marshmallows, there are so many different ones to choose from. In fact, just looking at this station makes me feel deliriously happy.

IMG_7045
IMG_7062

Add whatever you like in whatever quantity you want – It’s your choice!

IMG_7046

Once you are done with the ‘dry’ toppings, go on to the next station where you can add ‘wet’ toppings such as fresh fruits, Nata de coc and Popping Boba etc! I absolutely love combining frozen yogurt with fresh fruits – It’s a match made in heaven!

IMG_7048

Once you are happy with all the toppings you have added, there is a final station where you can drizzle sauces onto your yogurt – Choose from chocolate, caramel, strawberry, butterscotch, etc, to complete your creation!

IMG_7049

The final stage before enjoying your yogurt is to weigh & pay – Very straightforward, isn’t it??

IMG_7050

Happy are the ones whose frozen yogurt look colorful and pretty! The girls couldn’t wait to dig in!

IMG_7051 IMG_7052 

Menchie’s has a spacious indoor area which can seat 27 guests and a separate party room that accommodates 16 guests, which can be reserved for private functions. How adorable are the walls painted – Any kid would love this!

G

Interactive elements such as a chalkboard for kids to scribble and doodle on can be found inside the party room, and coloring sheets are also available for the kids upon request at the counter. I think this is such a great place to hang out for the kids! :)

IMG_7056 IMG_7057 IMG_7073

Plan to have your birthday party here at Menchie’s, and they can also help arrange for entertainment such as face-painting, balloon sculpting etc at additional cost.It’s a really nice idea to do birthday parties at a self-serve yogurt place – The kids would absolutely love creating their own creations and savoring them. It helps that the whole place is so pretty and colorful as well – Certainly makes good party photos.

IMG_7065 IMG_7053 IMG_7055IMG_7066  

Seeing how much the kids were enjoying their yogurt creations, I couldn’t resist but to go get one for myself as well. And I got myself a waffle bowl too with all my favorite toppings!  I think I did a mix of mango sorbet, chocolate, cheesecake, peanut butter and tart flavors for my yogurt and an abundance of granola (because I love them!), mangoes, strawberries, longans and popping boba on mine. Now, don’t you start judging me – I lose my logic when it comes to frozen yogurt. Thankfully, I had the husband to share my indulgences with. And it also helps that Menchie’s is a healthier choice.

IMG_7072 

Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt is one of the best tasting frozen yogurt I’ve tried so far. The selection of toppings is pretty amazing and I was pretty impressed with the staff as well – They were very friendly, smiley and helpful. In fact, I was told that at all times, there will be at least six service staff present to ensure that every guest receives individual attention. That’s a really nice gesture for a self-serve store, I say!

IMG_7075 

Thank you Menchie’s for the kind invitation! We can’t wait to go back again for some more self-serve yogurt magic! :)

Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
1 HarbourFront Walk
VivoCity #01-113/114
Tel: 6376 9323

Opening Hours: 10am – 10pm, last order is at 9.45pm
Price of yogurt: $3.40 per 100gm (exclude GST)