I love to expose my kids to old things and old places from time to time. Even though they may not fully appreciate it now, but it’s always good to start from young. Appreciating the old and the history behind the old things, can give us a better appreciation of what we have right now. Plus, I always think it’s nice to show my kids what Mummy or Daddy’s lives used to be like. =)
Papa Isaiah grew up in Woodlands, and we are still living in Woodlands area now. So one of the evenings last week, we decided to visit the old Woodlands Bus Interchange near to the Singapore-JB Causeway. There are some very old shops and hawker centres there, which carried many of Papa Isaiah’s childhood memories. Especially since the Lunar New Year is coming, I thought it would be nice to see red decorations put up everywhere and cheena new year songs being played. =)
This is such a cheery and happy sight to me. I love Lunar New Year!!!!
Abundance of fruits everywhere! =)
And of course, these! Many households would buy mini orange plants and decorate them with red ribbons or ang pows for the festival!
A common sight in old HDB estates… =)
My girls had fun walking around, taking in the sights.
And of course, my girls would stop at shops like this, and fiddle with the many toys on sale. Many of these toys are no longer selling in many places. They’ve got very retro stuffs - things I played as a kid! To my kids, they are very interesting!
We had a nice dinner at the hawker centre and bought dried foodstuffs from the market before going home. I love simple weekends like these, just hanging out with my family. Simple but blissful life. =)