The very bad morning happened just yesterday.
I am usually pretty alert in the morning, because I am a morning person. But yesterday was a little strange. I seemed to be in a daze. Anyway, the first unfortunate event happened when hubby and I had to change to a train bound for another direction. I managed to get into the MRT at the last minute, but hubby didn’t make it because he was walking behind me. That was the first boo boo.
Then I forgot to alight at the correct station, and had to take another train back to the correct station while hubby waited for me at the correct station. Yes, he even reached the station before I did. =.= 2nd boo boo.
I thought to myself, “What a very unfortunate morning. Surely nothing else could happen. It can only get better from now on.” See, my positive genes again.
Then I received a phone call from my mother-in-law telling me in a most hysterical voice that Baby Jayne had just locked my bedroom door from the inside. Now, that would not be so disastrous if not for the fact that we don’t have the key to that particular bedroom door. I had to curb myself from screaming out vulgarities on the streets.
Five minutes later, another phone call came, and this time round, it was from Joey. She was screaming at the top of her voice, “MUMMMYYYYY!!!! Jayne Jayne CUT MY HAIRRRRR!!!!!” I didn’t want to believe what she said as it was too horrifying, but then my mother-in-law took over the phone and told me that Baby Jayne took a pair of scissors and went after Joey and cut off some of her hair, plus a little of her own hair. The day was getting increasingly more interesting. I asked Baby Jayne to the phone and told her sternly that she was never to play with a pair of scissors anymore. She calmly replied me, “Ok mummy. But my scissors is pink!” Totally irrelevant, but that somehow made me laugh. I totally deserved a knock on my head for laughing at the most inappropriate time. But I had this mental image of Jayne chasing after a traumatised Joey with a pair of pink scissors with the most cunning smile on her face. Oh too funny.
For the rest of the day, I was rushing from meeting to meeting to meeting, and didn’t have the time or the energy to entertain anymore unfortunate events. Thank God for that.
I’m sorry that you have to read such a sad story of my very bad morning today, and since I’d rather be a messenger of good news than bad, I’ll not allow my post today to end on low note. Here are some cheery photos of my girls to brighten up our Wednesday!
These were taken at SoulOut, a restaurant we visited at Pasir Ris Farmway 1 over last weekend. The nice and quiet restaurant has a small pond and the nice owner gave the girls some fish food to feed the fishes. =)
Food was not bad!
Abrupt end to the blog entry.